Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Talk is Cheap




Talk

Have you ever heard the expression, “Talk is Cheap”?   I don't know where that came from....but if I were to consider it from a Biblical view, I would consider, as a Christian, that my talk would have to match up with my walk.  If I say I am a Christian then is my language exemplifying my testimony?

I remember when we were little kids; we got in trouble for calling someone stupid, ugly and etc.   Our parents would even wash our mouths out with soap if we got sassy, argued back, and 'God Forbid' use a cuss word!!!  What about today? I guess a parent could be hauled in for child abuse.

Our little grandson goes to school and picks up some bad words and other things from other kids.  It all sort of spreads like yeast.   Well, he even learns some of that stuff at 'church' yep......

So, I am thinking about our culture today and our children.  They still need to know what the Bible says.   If we are Christians, we teach what God's Word says, (1Ti 1:3).  Even as I begged you to remain at Ephesus, when I was going to Macedonia, that you might charge some that they teach no other doctrine (1Ti 1:4),   nor to give heed to fables and endless genealogies (which provide doubts rather than the nurture of God in faith (1Ti 1:5);  but the end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart, and a good conscience, and faith unfeigned,(1Ti 1:6)  from which some, having swerved, have turned aside to foolish talking, (another translations says 'idle talk').    This word denotes futile, worthless, empty, meaningless babble, and idle prattle.

(Phi 1:27)  Only let your conduct be as becomes the Gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you, or else am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, striving together with one mind for the faith of the gospel, Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;  (2Pe 2:7 MKJV)  And He delivered righteous Lot, oppressed with the lustful behavior of the lawless.(2Pe 2:8 MKJV)  For that righteous one living among them, in seeing and hearing, his righteous soul was tormented from day to day with their unlawful deeds.(2Pe 2:9 MKJV)  The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation, and to reserve the unjust for a day of judgment, to be punished, (2Pe 2:10 MKJV)  and especially those who walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise dominion. They are darers, self-pleasing; not trembling at glories, speaking evil.

1Pe 1:15)  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation.

There is some 'pop cultural' slang or sayings that are not befitting to the Christian.   I won't mention them here.  But, most of us that practice the walk - know what those are.  What about this generation 'we' are raising?  

I praise God for our Youth Evangelist and Youth Workers, etc.  Our kids go to Donnie Moore's Camps and Conferences. When he has them, and they come back changed. 

We are responsible for this next generation now, and the one that is coming up.  I have a heart for the world, but I am especially thinking right now of our Christian teens and children and where they are in their walk and thinking.  They need mentors that will mother and father them and 'tell them the truth' AND 'show them the truth' by their walk and their manner of conversation AND their 'walking the talk’ as well as teaching them!

The teens pass notes back in forth in church and Pastors often get to read them as they clean up around the chairs etc.   Makes me think,   they say they are Christians, they say they love God, and they know the words they are using are vulgar words.  We call them 'cuss' words, and or 'inappropriate words.' 

Where am I going with this?  I don't know.  I just know that our teens need an infusion, a hunger, a 'turn around' and maybe ‘brain surgery’ called for in Rom 12:1 MKJV  “I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service.(Rom 12:2 MKJV)  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God.

I am checking these Christian kids out.  I read their 'My Space and Facebook' pages.  I see their 'friends'.   We have to teach them, they need to listen to the Word and walk it out.  The World say, “be friend”, and in the Word of God, God says friendship with the world is enmity with God.

My prayers are for Revival among our youth.   Where there will be a transformation; and, youth, if you have gotten this far on this blog,   Pray!!!!  "God, help me to walk the talk.  Help me to be in this world, but not of this world.  Help me to be a leader and not a follower.  Help me to speak up!  Help me to let my conversation be uplifting and glorifying to you.  Help me, when I get notes passed to me in school or church.  Help me that I won't be using the language of the world that does not represent you.   Help me to have friends and a 'my space and Facebook' that will represent and glorify you."   In case you don't know what some of those words are?  They start with:  F...; S...; B....; B...; S...; F..; 

I believe it might take 'self-control’ which one of the fruits of the Spirit of God - who lives in you!

Father, I pray for Revival for our youth, and infusion of your Spirit and that it can't be taken from them.  I pray for hearts and minds to be changed. 

This is about Now and Eternity.  It's about your very soul!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment